ANNOUNCEMENT TyTheOwl's Introduction - Community Management

Discussion in 'EarthLordPvP Announcements' started by TyTheOwl, Mar 13, 2018.

1. TyTheOwl

TyTheOwl Citizen

Ratings:
    +4
    Hello all,

First of all I appreciate the fact that you have taken time out of your day to read my introduction. My name is Ty, better known as TyTheOwl. From this date on I will be serving as your Community Manager!

I'm sure many of you have questions about me and my role, so let's start with my role. My main work is going to be working with the Community to make sure EarthLordPvP is an enjoyable place to be. I will be working close with the @AdamW and @Zalbus to ensure the server is running as smooth as possible and will be giving my input on the server to help make it the best it can be.

I look to try and bring in some players to the server, while I can't promise players, this is something I look to work on a lot. Of course Factions does need a good amount of players to be at its best!

I will be checking the forums at least daily and reading any suggestions to try and get some of your suggestions implemented to the server. The community deserves to have their say in what the server should add and whilst this seems to already be the case on EarthLordPvP I will try my best to ensure it stays that way.

Now onto a bit of information about me; as I mentioned earlier, my real name is Ty. I am from the United Kingdom & have lived there for my entire life. I do have experience within management, so I'm already aware of what to expect! I've played Minecraft for the past 5/6 years starting on console, and on PC for the past 3/4 years. With minimal experience within Factions, I can't wait to get started and learn the advanced sections of Factions with our community! ;)

Well, after a lot of time typing this, I suppose it's time to end it here! :D
    Again, thank you for taking the time to read this; I look forward to seeing you all online! :)

Kindest regards,

TyTheOwl // Community Manager

• Winner Winner x 1
  2. Zalbus

Zalbus EarthLordPvP Owner
    Staff Member Owner

Ratings:
    +368
    Welcome to the network @TyTheOwl Having you fit this role will benefit the network!

• Like Like x 1
    #2 Zalbus, Mar 13, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 14, 2018
  3. Aiden

Aiden Trailblazer
    Thief

Ratings:
    +23
    I'm sorry but I have to say this.

But it seems like you've felt the same way about all your other Managers, and they haven't really been beneficial.

This has often left a negative relationship between your server and your past 10 Managers, such as:

https://gyazo.com/118e7a03ad109e370e11939de2b72b23

As well as some others who said they haven't really enjoyed your server environment due to lack of players and chat activity and overall staff management.

So when Ty goes ahead and says this:

This leads me to believe that he will just be another regular Manager and will be gone within a month or two if lucky.

Zalbus, don't take this personally, it's just my opinion. Take it as my reply to your server feedback thread.

4. TyTheOwl

TyTheOwl Citizen

Ratings:
    +4
    Hey there!

Thank you for mentioning this, as can I explain something about myself! I didn't come to this server expecting a big playerbase and a big community, I came expecting a small community & server playerbase, which is, of course, what I got. Now, I look to try my best to expand this playerbase for the sake of our players. I know that playing a server with only a couple of people isn't necessarily fun, and this is why I want to try and help with the playerbase.

As I said, I can't promise players because at the moment, I can't. It's going to be a long process of using different ways to attract players - This isn't only advertising. This is bringing in new and unique features to the server to bring more interest for players of the server and players who are thinking about playing.

If there is anything else then please do say it, I'd be happy to answer any questions. :)

Kind regards,

Ty.

5. Aiden

Aiden Trailblazer
    Thief

Ratings:
    +23
    Every Manager before you has attempted the same thing, it hasn't worked.

6. TyTheOwl

TyTheOwl Citizen

Ratings:
    +4
    Which I understand, I've been told a lot about previous community managers - I'm of course different to the previous managers and hopefully this will help towards getting some players in, I plan to try multiple things including with some contacts I have :)

7. Aiden

Aiden Trailblazer
    Thief

Ratings:
    +23
    But what you've said in the thread, you seem to be just like the others. You haven't really included anything unique about you, such as what your bringing.

8. TyTheOwl

TyTheOwl Citizen

Ratings:
    +4
    It wasn't necessarily meant to show anything unique. As I stated, this was just a generic introduction to explain who I am and what I'll be doing, of course I didn't say everything I'll do, just a small portion.

9. Vapenqtion

Vapenqtion Warlord
    God

Ratings:
    +28
    Welcome to the network Ty!

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  10. AdamW

AdamW Titan

Ratings:
    +1
    Welcome, can't wait to work with you!

• Like Like x 1
  11. xIntelligent

xIntelligent Citizen

Ratings:
    +4
    Welcome

It's nice to have you as a server manager. Already I've seen you done great work. Keep it up.
    Have a great day

-xIntelligent